- Phyllagathis rajah is a plant of Melastomataceae of the Phyllagathis genus.
- Due to the leaf of this species is one of the largest in the Borneo. The leaves have beautiful markings.
- The wild populations are sparsely distributed in the hard to access jungle, so the nickname “Rajah” was given to this plant.
- Rajah means the king’s will in Malaysian, and it represents the luxury and rareness of this plant.
- It is endemic to Borneo and is only distributed in the southwestern part of Sarawak, Malaysia.
- The wild plants are sparsely populated and limited distribution.
- Sun: Part shade to full shade
- 59 ~ 77 °F / 15 ~ 25 °C
- High humidity
- Rich, moist to wet soil