- It is commonly known as the Artillery Plant, because male flower release pollen with explosive force.
- This species grows best in a humid environment.
- Common Name: Artillery plant
How to Grow and Care:
- When growing pilea microphylla, keep in mind that this plants need very little attention or care. They will thrive in conditions that many other plants thrive in, but will do just as well in less hospitable areas. They are ideal for that part of your yard that gets too much sun or too little water to grow anything else. Pilea microphylla is easily planted. For shorter varieties, simply laying the plant on the ground where you want it to grow is normally enough to get the pilea microphyllaplant started there. They will send out roots from wherever the stem is touching the ground and root itself. If you would like to further ensure that the plant will start there, you can add a very thin covering of soil over the plant. For taller varieties, you can break off one of the stems and push it into the ground where you would like to grow it.
- Pilea microphylla is native to China.
- Some types will do OK in partial shade, but for the most part, pilea microphylla best in full sunlight. Creeping varieties are less picky about sunlight requirements.
- 59 ~ 77 °F / 15 ~ 25 °C
- High humidity
- Rich, moist to wet soil
There are no reviews yet.