1. Begonia picturata, a new species of sect from the limestone areas in southwestern Guangxi Zhuangzu Autonomous Region, China.
2. Begonia picturata having villous peduncles and the pedicels, outer tepals (abaxial surface), ovaries and capsules villous-setose or hispid-setose with red trichomes.
1. Plant Type: Perennial herb
2. Flowering plant: Yes
3. Flowering period: May to July
4. Sun Requirement: Partial Sun
5. Soil: Average, Rich
6. Water Needs: Average, Consistent
7. Temperature: 59 ~ 77 °F / 15 ~ 25 °C
Given some humidity and filtered light Begonia masoniana is not difficult grow. It is best watered below the foliage to prevent spotting and mildew and can be fertilised with a diluted liquid fertiliser every 4 weeks while in active growth.
There are no reviews yet.